My World

My World

Monday, September 26, 2011

Starting with the RE

April 2011 -
  I found an RE.  She is at a very good hospital, and they have a VERY good infertility program.  We had our first consultation with her - and LOVED her.  She spent an hour talking to us, and explaining to Jon (because I had already done research) the steps we would take.  Starting with the HSG.   OUCH!!!  This has honestly been the most painful part of the process.  I hope I never have to do that again!  Thankfully my tubes were perfect, But...they found something in my uterus...they think it's a fibroid, and it's HUGE!  So, May comes along, and it's time for the SHG.  MUCH easier test!  Jon comes to the doctor's office on his lunch hour, just to hold my hand.  God love him.  But luckily, it was virtually painless.  Turns out, it isn't a fibroid, it's a polyp.  Which is GOOD news.  The RE said it is MUCH easier to remove.  Time to schedule the surgery.  June 20th, 2011....surgery day.  Everything went perfectly smooth, they got it all with a hysteroscope (no need for lap), and I'm given the green light.  Wait one cycle, then we try naturally for three cycles.  If nothing, then we move on to Clomid/IUI.  We tried naturally for 2 cycles, and I was tired of waiting.  Called the RE's office, and they agreed to go ahead with the IUI.  So, next cycle starts.  On days 3-7 I take 100 mg's of Clomid.  No real side effects.  Maybe a "little" weepy and emotional, but nothing too bad.  CD 9 comes, and I start the OPK's.  Nothing.  Finally on CD15, I get what *could* be a positive test.  But I'm not sure.  I decide to wait and test in the morning, hoping it will then be a definite positive.  No such luck - the line is lighter.  So, I call the RE.  They tell me to test again the next morning, and if it's negative, to come in that morning at 7:30 for the IUI.  The test is negative...so we went.  My mother-in-law rode over with me, because Jon had to go to work afterwards, and I didn't want to ride home by myself.  Jon left, and they called me back.  MIL came in with me, and the whole thing took about 5 minutes.  Not too bad.  I laid on the table for about 10 minutes afterwards.  I had some minor cramping for about 30 minutes afterwards, but that was it.  So here we are.....2dpiui....I have to have my progesterone checked (blood work) on Friday, September 30, 2011, to be sure I actually did ovulate.  That part is the most nerve-wracking.  If I didn't, then I guess I'll have my answer.  Not pregnant.  But, if I DID, then we wait one more week, and then we can test.  This is going to be the longest 2 weeks yet........saying my Prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment